Burner Ver.1.2 FAQ
- Net MD Simple Burner
- What is Net MD Simple Burner?
- Net MD Simple Burner is the software that allows you to record from
a CD to the MiniDisc easily at a high speed.
- How do I use Net MD Simple Burner?
- Net MD Simple Burner allows you to record from a CD to a MiniDisc.
It enables you to transfer music files without storing them on a hard
disk and edit them as well.
- Entering titles (MiniDisc names, Group names and song names)
- Moving songs and groups
- Erasing songs, groups and MiniDiscs
- Making groups
NOTE: Net MD Simple Burner does not use the hard disk in personal computer.
Therefore, you cannot play the music recorded with Net MD Simple Burner via
SonicStage. In addition to that the files like MP3 cannot be imported. We recommend
SonicStage to play various music on a computer.
- There are 2 ways to record:
- Recording by ONE PUSH DOWNLOAD button on the Net
MD in Simple Mode. It allows you to record the music CD by pressing
ONE PUSH DOWNLOAD button without starting up Net
MD Simple Burner on a computer.
- Recording by starting Net MD Simple Burner (Standard Mode) on your
computer. It allows you to record the music CD or the songs on the
screen of Net MD Simple Burner (Standard Mode).
- What are the system requirements?
following minimum specifications are required (However,
please note that we cannot guarantee the correct functionality
of this application on every computer even if it does fulfill
the following system requirements):
IBM PC/AT or compatible
II 400MHz or higher (Pentium
lll 450MHz or higher is recommended)
drive space: More than 120MB
or more (128MB or more is recommended)
CD-ROM drive (capable of digital playback by WDM)
(supports USB (conventionally called USB 1.1))
High Color (16bit) or higher, 800 x 480 dots or better (800 x 600 dots
or better is recommended)
* The NTFS format is supported only when it is used with the
standard (manufacture) settings.
cannot guarantee the functionality of this application under following circumstances:
systems are not supported.
XP versions other than Home Edition or Professional
2000 versions other than Professional
98 versions other than Second Edition
computers ( Assembled) by the customer
- Computer with an operating system that has been upgraded.
NOTE: We do not ensure trouble-free operation
of the system suspend, sleep, or hibernation function on all computers.
- What is the main difference between SonicStage1.5 and Net MD Simple Burner1.2?
- SonicStage1.5 is the database which manages music on
a personal computer, besides the software has various functions as playing,
editing and downloading music to other audio equipments in various methods.
- Net MD Simple Burner Ver.1.2 is the software which can record an audio
CD to MiniDisc at high speed and simply with one button on the Net MD
or one click on the screen of the personal computer.
- Can the MiniDisc recorded with a current MD Recorder be edited?
- Yes, the MiniDisc recorded with a current MD Recorder can be edited
- Is it possible to record with Stereo recording mode?
- No, it is not possible to record with Stereo recording
- Is it possible to playback a MiniDisc or a CD while
recording with Net MD Simple Burner?
- No, it is not possible playing back a MiniDisc
or a CD while recording with Net MD Simple Burner.
- Can the MiniDisc recorded with a Net MD Simple Burner
be played with other MD recorder/player?
- Yes, it can be played back if the Net MD recorder/player
is MDLP compatible.
- I have a Net MD device other than AM-NX9 - Can I
record a music CD using Net MD Simple Burner supplied
- We do not guarantee this kind of functionality.
- What kind of file formats can I use in order to record music CDs with
Net MD Simple Burner?
- ATRAC3 66kbps(LP4 stereo)
- ATRAC3 132kbps(LP2 stereo).
However, the recorded songs will not be saved on the hard disc of the personal
Back to the
- I cannot press the REC button.
- Please check if the write protector of the MiniDisc is open, if so,
shut the write protector when you record.
- What are LP2 and LP4?
- LP2 and LP4 can be recorded twice (LP2)/ four times (LP4) longer than
Stereo recording mode. To get a better sound quality, we recommend that
you use LP2 recording mode. Net MD Simple Burner is unable to record
in Stereo recording mode.
- How do I know about the version of the software?
- To know about the version of the software, click the icon on the upper
right of the screen and then select Version.
- Can the music data MP3 or WMA be recorded to a Net MD with Net MD Simple
- No, because Net MD Simple Burner is the software to record from a
music CD to a MiniDisc in a Net MD device and it does not support recording
from other sources than a music CD. Use SonicStage to record the music
data like MP3 or WMA. For further information, please click here.
- How can I check-in songs recorded by Net MD Simple Burner to a personal
- Net MD Simple Burner is the software for recording music CDs to Net
MD at high speed via a personal computer. Do not check-in music data
recorded by SonicStage and any other software, if you do so, the songs
Back to the
- I want to install Net MD Simple Burner.
- Net MD Simple Burner Ver.1.2 and SonicStage Ver.1.5 are installed
at the same time. Do not delete SonicStage Ver.1.5 even though you want
to use only Net MD Simple Burner Ver.1.2.
- Can I start Net MD Simple Burner Ver.1.2 and SonicStage Ver.1.5 at the
- No, you cannot start Net MD Simple Burner Ver.1.2 and SonicStage Ver.1.5
at the same time. Net MD Simple Burner (Both Simple Mode and Standard
Mode) cannot start while SonicStage runs. Use either Net MD Simple Burner
Back to the
- A disclaimer appears on the screen when an external SCSI drive(PC(PCMCIA)card,
USB, iLink) is disconnected.
- If you click the warning icon when an external
SCSI drive(PC(PCMCIA)card, USB, iLink) is disconnected,
a disclaimer might appear on the screen. Right-click
Net MD Simple Burner on the task tray and then close
the application before disconnecting CD-ROM drive.
- When I check in a song recorded by Net MD Simple Burner, it disappears.
- Do not check in songs recorded by Net MD Simple Burner using SonicStage
or any other software, the songs will disappear. If you erase songs
unexpectedly, download it from the CD to the MiniDisc again.
- I can see 2 IME bars when starting Net MD Simple Burner.
- When Net MD Simple Burner starts, 2 IME bars appear on the bottom
right. One disappears, when you close the Net MD Simple Burner application.
- Transferring files to Net MD fails when pressing
ONE PUSH DOWNLOAD button on my computer after
it resumes from Standby in Simple Mode.
- Restart Net MD Simple Burner. We do not ensure trouble-free
operation of the system suspend, sleep, or hibernation function on all
- The CD players like Windows Media Player does not start, even though it
is set up to start automatically on my computer.
- If you connect to Net MD, Net MD Simple Burner will start automatically.
If you use other CD player, do not place Net MD Simple Burner on the
- The ONE PUSH DOWNLOAD button does not work.
- ONE PUSH DOWNLOAD button only works in Simple Mode
of Net MD Simple Burner. If you want to record a music CD in Standard
Mode, perform it on the screen of the computer.
Back to the